Call for Papers
ISSUES OF POLITICS AND GOVERNANCE IN BIETHNIC, MULTIETHNIC AND DIVIDED STATES
November 18-19, 2013
UNESCO Amphitheater, cceia of Nicosia
The Center for European and International Affairs of the cceia of Nicosia is organizing a symposium on issues of politics and governance in biethnic, multiethnic and divided states.
The symposium is organized within the framework of the NETWORK FOR FEDERAL STUDIES AND GOVERNANCE IN BIETHNIC AND MULTIETHNIC STATES which consists of the following institutions:
- Center for European and International Affairs of the cceia of Nicosia
- Center for State Constitutional Studies at Rutgers cceia – Camden
- Institute for Studies on Federalism and Regionalism of the European Academy of Bolzano (EURAC)
- European Center for Peace and Development of the cceia for Peace, Belgrade
The program will consist of three sessions:
- Theoretical Perspectives: appraisal and examination of issues of Politics and Governance in Biethnic, Multiethnic and Divided States
- Divided Societies and the Realities on the Ground: case studies of countries, regions and political entities, as well as comparative study of issues of politics and governance in such cases
- Round-Table Discussion: various stakeholders that may include academics, policy-makers, diplomats and government officials, experts working for international entities such as the United Nations and the European Union and civil society can interact with the public at large.
The organizing committee invites participation to all sessions. Contributors are asked to submit their abstracts to email@example.com. The deadline for abstract submission is October 15, 2013. Authors whose paper is selected for presentation will be notified by October 28, 2013. Presentations should last no more than 30 minutes. The proceedings of the symposium will be published in an edited volume and must be submitted for publication by January 15, 2014.